Thursday, October 29, 2009

So Far So Good

A few days ago I realized I had not taken a picture of Clark in like two weeks because the camera was in the car and Alan took it most days. Well I finally got it so here are a few pictures taken of Clark in the last day.

Here is one of him opening his eyes



This one was taken the day we brought him home, all of the sudden Sammy is a giant.

He actually does not like the straight jacket, but I think it is so cute on.
Things have been going really well with Clark and time has just flown by. We have had so much going on that we have been out more then maybe I would have wanted to. Sammy has been amazing with Clark considering he is two. He likes to kiss his head and always asked where he is if he doesn't see him, other then that he leaves him alone for the most part, which is what I prefer. Now don't get me wrong he has thrown fits and will occasionally hit Clark (and everyone), but it is all way less then I tried to prepare myself for.
Clark is a really good baby, he doesn't sleep quit as good as Sammy did, but he eats a hundred times better so it makes up for it. He is growing so fast, he had gained a pound since his birth weight at his two week appointment. I am anxious to see what he is at 2 months.
We have been busy, especially trying to stay healthy. Sammy and I went and got our H1N1 flu mists the week after Clark was born and only had to wait a few min. We had the funeral of my Grandpa which was very nice, although we had our first taste of having to get two kids ready instead of just one. Then just this last Monday, we had to take Sam in for an MRI, (he has a wondering eye and the doctor wanted to rule out that it was something in the brain) good news his brain in normal and so it is just a googly eye. Alan is still trying to work as much as he can and at school at night so I am alone with the kids until usually about 9:00PM. He gets home with just enough time to eat, get two kids in the bath, shower and its time for bed so he can get up at 6:00AM. We are just grateful for everyday there is work for him. He will be done with school in April, so we feel like we are finally in the home stretch and hopefully he can find a job. I am excited for Halloween and more importantly the kick off to the holidays. With a different doctors appointment just about every week, we don't anticipate things slowing down anytime soon.

6 comments:

lindseyj said...

He is so darling Em. We need to come see you :) Looks like things have been busy. Hope to see you soon!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

I've never noticed Sammy's eye!He's such a cute kid!
Clark is also adorable! I love that photo showing how tiny he is next to Sam.

Susan said...

Oh he is too cute!! I can't wait to see him in person. I knew Sammy would be so good with him. I know what you mean when you say "all the sudden Sammy is a giant", that is how I felt with Austin after bringing home Ryan. Hope I get to see you next week:)

Allie said...

Fun pictures. Isn't it crazy how your little guy seems so big when a "real little one" comes home. A few kids in our ward over the years have had to temporarily wear eye patches to retrain muscles in their eyes to avoid wandering eyes. I'm not sure if your pediatrician or optometrist have presented that option to you.

Heidi said...

He is so cute and is getting big. We are hoping to come down next weekend and I want to see him! I am so glad to know that it is not more serious with sammy then the eye. How did he do with the MRI?

oh and Yeah I agree we should of just taken pictures of the kids.

Weed Family said...

busy girl, busy family. the boys are darling. and i'm happy to hear about sammy's googely eye:) see you soon