Thursday, September 23, 2010

Changes

Well it seems like we have like a bazillion changes happening in our life, some have already happened and some are going to happen. Alan is being sent up to Boise for work yes IDAHO, I would have never guessed in a million years that I would end up in Idaho, and although I maybe haven't had the best of feelings about living there, I have heard nothing but very positive things about it, apparently anyone who has ever lived there or visited there loves it. This has obviously sparked many changes, first we put our house on the market, we would prefer to sell it (so if anyone knows anyone that would like to live in this area let me know:)). Alan an I went up there last weekend to find a house to rent and it was miserable, I am not sure about how I feel about renting again, but for now it is the right thing to do and we did however finally find something that I feel good about.
We also bought a new car. We had already pretty much out grown our Mazda so we have been wanting a bigger car, but we absolutely needed two cars that could make the drive. And although we have loved our jeep (wink, wink), we got a Expedition and I love it.
The best part about all this is Alan got the offer about a week and a half ago and they want him up there on October 4 YIKES!

Here is my list of what I am grateful for through all this
1.Alan has a job.
2.I finally got a bigger car
3.A new adventure
4.Boise is only 5 hours away(not cross country)
5.That I am not pregnant

Some other big news in our house is that Clark turns one next week and I could not help thinking to myself today how did he go from

This

To This


3 comments:

Allie said...

Wow, Em, that is a lot of changes! But what fun and exciting (and a little scary) changes. New cars are always fun and a change of scenery can be nice, once you get used to it. I'm excited for you guys. Clark is so big and grown up!!! Good luck getting everything squared away for your rapidly approaching move. I'm sure your mom and dad and siblings will be sad to have you five hours away, but at least you will still be close enough to drive home (in your new expedition). I hope that selling your home goes quickly and smoothly!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

So exciting! Congratulations!!! I have a friend who lives up in Boise, let me know if you want to get in touch with her(or I can ask her) about good places to live and things like that! She would be a really fun person to be friends with up there! She has 2 kids that are about your kids ages!! I think she is linked on my blog (Christy and Gabe Beal).

Heidi said...

We are excited for you guys! And a new car that is always exciting. It just sucks that we both live in Idaho now but are still so far away:( Crazy! who would have ever thought? Anyway good luck with the next few weeks. Oh and I can not believe he is almost 1 either where does time go?