Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Sammy!!!!!!!

Sammy's first birthday was a blast. It was on Memorial Day which was extra special because Alan got to stay home and spend the whole day with us. Which is a birthday present in and of it self for Sammy. When we first woke up we made some pancakes, I tried to spell out Sam but only the S turned out but that was just enough for Sammy.
This was Sammy getting a little peek at his presents. We opened them later right before the big party at the park. The whole day it was rainy but just as we were driving to the park the sun came out and even though it was a little cool and wet we had so much fun lots of family came and everyone seemed to have a good time.




and we can't forget the most important part of a one year old's party the cake I made cup cakes and because we were at the park we did not have his high chair so he sat in my lap and ate his cake and we actually did really well he basically snarfed the whole thing down without hardly leaving a crumb, not much fun but that's my boy.
in fact he got to it before we could find the camera to take a picture.
We wanted to thank every one who came to the party and we wanted to thanks all the loved ones away from us who sent cards and gifts we missed you at the party, but Sammy is sure lucky to have all those wonderful people who love him.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Sammy! I am so glad that it did not rain for the party. I was so excited to see the pictures looks like fun and sammy looks so cute!

Allie said...

What a fun birthday! Can you believe how fast the first year goes by? It always seemed that life went by so slowly while I was pregnant and so quickly once the baby arrived and especially the first year. Have fun at Scott's wedding. I wish we were going!

Weed Family said...

Happy Birthday Sammy! It was so much fun to see you guys in Atlanta and we are looking forward to seeing you again this summer.

Kristy Stoner said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Sammy!