Monday, July 28, 2008

July

When I sat down to blog I was just planning on posting on what we did this last weekend and then when I was downloading all the pictures I realized that we have just had such a fun July that I couldn't pass up on.
The 4th of July
July 3rd was Alan's B-day and my mom was so nice to come down and take us to lunch and then she watched Sammy for us while we went to movie and dinner which we haven't done in almost a year and it is Alan's very favorite thing. It was so nice to have an evening just the two of us, plus I don't think Sammy minded he still got to go to Chili's with my parents and his aunt Janie.
Then on the 4th we headed up to Salt Lake where we had a steak BBQ and it was so nummy. Then we all went down to the fireworks at sugar house park, we got down there when it was still light which was nice because usually we are running and we just end up sitting on the side of the road because we don't make it. Sammy was a really good boy during the fireworks he seemed more mesmerised by them then anything.
Here are all the grand kids we were trying really hard to get them all to cooperate

We also sang happy birthday to Alan.

American Fork Carnival
My friend Robyn called and asked if we would like to go to the American Fork Carnival with them. We had such a fun evening, first we went and got pizza then headed to the Carnival, I was excited to go on the rides, I was a little disappointed that I got a little nauseous on them because I would have liked to do more. We had fun though and Sammy even got to do a few things and he loved it.

Discovery Gateway
So for any of you that have not taken your kids to discovery gateway you need to for sure it is so much fun. Any age kids would love it. I went for the first time last week with my sister in-law and her kids we had a lot of fun. Sammy especially liked the balls, but here are some of the cute pictures.
.


24th of July Parade
On the 24th we got up early and headed up to the parade, for those of you who don't know before we had Sammy we were always the ones who camped down there so everyone would have a spot, I started doing it in high school and then Alan and I always had a good time doing it. Well, the past two years my sister Heidi has been nice enough to do it for us. Maybe some time we will do it again, but for now we are grateful for Heidi. It was a really fun Parade. I have always felt so lucky to live in Utah and be able to celebrate the 24th of July. I am so grateful for all my pioneer ancestry.
Here is Heidi (can you tell she stayed over night?) and SammySammy just sitting on daddy's lap enjoying a granola bar

Oh and if anyone is wondering we all wore the same outfits on the 24th and we did the 4th
Days of 47 Rodeo
My sister got 4 tickets to the Rodeo at the ESA and so we were happy to go. It was kind of interesting going to a Rodeo inside a huge arena, but still fun and a lot more comfortable for that matter. I wish I had more pictures from it.
Those are Buffalo up on that trailer it was pretty amazing they jumped up on their own
Grandpa Lee's House
That night we stayed at my Grandpa Lee's house, because we had a big yard work project the next morning. Sammy was a pretty good boy he slept well and couldn't have been happier to be there. We didn't get up early because not only do Alan, Sammy and I like to sleep in but so does my grandpa. When we got up we made pancakes and then got dressed in our grubby clothes and headed out into the yard. My grandpa is 87 years old and just the cutest, he had his suspenders on and he had gone and bought Alan and I gloves to work in. I have always been really close to him and my grandma (who died a few years ago) and I just cherish every chance we get to spend with him, he is so cute with Sammy. So we got to work hedging pretty much everything in the yard. Alan had the fun easy job just cutting. But I was the one picking up, racking, hauling and dumping. Needless to say I was sore the next day. Sammy played in the yard a little bit, but mostly took a nap while we worked. He especially liked the park when grandpa took us to Mcdonalds.
Riley's Birthday Party
Last but certainly not least we went to my niece's B-day party, my sister in-law Devany is always so nice to make dinner for all 4 of her kids b-days and she invites everyone over to eat, I don't know how she does it but we sure love going and now that Sammy can run around with the kids he sure loves it too. Riley turned 4 so she is quit a bit older then Sammy, but she just adores him and is always so cute to him.


Sammy got his hands on all the boxes and wrapping paper after all the presents were open


And here is my favorite picture of all Sammy zonked out after all the fun we have been having

1 comment:

Heidi said...

WOW! You guys have been busy, But looks like a ton of fun.