Friday, August 1, 2008

1.2..3...4....5.....


I got my first (and maybe only) taste of what it would be like to have 5 kids. Both Alan and I grew up in family's with 5 kids and loved it. We have talked about maybe someday having that many. Well, on Wednesday Alan's sister Lori dropped her 4 kids (Tyler 9, Bethany 8, Ariana 5, and Emma 3) off for an overnighter while her and her husband went to girls camp. Let me start out by saying they are really good kids, and were very excited to come. They got here about 2:30pm and Alan got home from work at about 3:30 so we headed over to the pool. Thank goodness for the pool, because I never realized how small our house really was until there was 7 of us there. When we got home from the pool Alan went to get a pizza with the 3 girls and came home with three girls with black feet because they begged to go in with him and none of them had shoes. After eating dinner on a table cloth on the floor I managed to watch my favorite show right now "So you think you can dance" by putting the 3 girls in the bath, Tyler in my room with the video game and Sammy in bed. We finally got them all ready for bed, and in front of the TV for a movie. Emma and I fell asleep in my room while the rest stayed up late watching a movie. I guess the late night movie was a good idea because the 3 older ones slept in until 10:00am. Everyone pretty much slept through the night, other then a minor upset with Emma only about midnight. Sammy, Emma and I got up at about 8:00am and had a peaceful 2 hours. We played in Sammy's room, had some breakfast and I even got to take a shower before the rest got up. After everyone got up and ate I got talked into going to the pool again. Alan came home for lunch while we were at the pool so we all headed home for lunch, I gave them 2 options grilled cheese or PB&J, after getting everyone lunch and Alan back off the work I was able to sit down and eat. With Tyler back playing video games and the everyone else running around I got cleaned up and we all enjoyed a Popsicle on the tiny balcony before Lori and Mick got home. After everything, other then being a little tired, I really had a good time. I think maybe someday we could do it, in a bigger house and one at a time.

3 comments:

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

You are brave but sounds like you guys did well. I should of sent Austin over there:)

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Emilie
Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday Emilie. I hope you have a fabulous day. Thanks for always being such a great friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Em! Finally got on to see your blog. How cute! I love looking at all your pics and see my "little" bro being such a great dad. You guys are such a cute family. I liked reading about the kids staying at your house. I stole the pics for me. I hope you had a great birthday! Love ya!