Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Salsa


I love this time of year, but it is not because we just had the most wonderful September day, in the low 80's with clouds and a slight breeze (that's why I love Utah and all 4 seasons), and not because Alan started school again because I hate that. But because Tomato's are a hot item and even though I do not have a yard or garden we have some pretty wonderful grandparents(and I don't mean Sammy's grandparents I mean mine and Alan's) who keep us stocked up at least twice a week. We were having a hard time eating them as fast as we could get them so I decided to make some fresh homemade SALSA. The thing about Salsa is, it is never as good bought as it is homemade because you can make it to specifications like extra spicy or extra mild or in my case lots of cilantro. All day I have a tomato cut up sitting on my counter and either I or Alan will eat it, we have them on sandwiches and in salads. And even though I love the fall and the kick off to the holiday season, I hate the thought of the first freeze and no more tomato's.

Sammy and I have had some pretty long days again. With Alan going to work and then straight to school, and it is just getting started. So I need something to be excited about and if all I have is tomato's then so be it.

6 comments:

The Lang Family said...

Yummy! I love homemade salsa - and you are right about store bought NEVER being as good!

Jake & Robyn said...

I have the perfect solution! You could bring me some of that delicious salsa and visit me on one of your long boring nights! lol :) No seriously though, I have many long boring nights alone, with Jake working so much! Call me!!! Lets go to dinner or something!

The Shill Spill said...

Horray for Tomatos! I love tomatos! They are absolutely my favorite garden item. :) And...what can beat homemade salsa? Surely nothing I can think of! (Also...I too think cilantro makes salsa perfect!) :)

Weed Family said...

Maybe, with the long days beginning, you and Sammy should plan a trip out to VA to visit your favorite cousins! Em, I would love that! Email me and let's talk details!

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

I love homemade salsa! And I'm so glad you shared your rasins with Austin that one day because I don't think I would have ever thought to give them to him (Vince and I don't really eat them). He LOVES them! Let's do another play date...we could go to the dinosaur museum.

lindseyj said...

OOh Em that looks so good. We have been getting tons of produce too this last week. Maybe I need to make some myself. Call me next week if you want to go do something with the kids.