Monday, October 6, 2008

It's about time!


The much anticipated fall weather finally arrived for conference. And with it came a wonderful weekend. Saturday morning after Alan headed off to school and then work, Sammy and I woke up to a chilly rainy day, and we took full advantage of it. We got into our sweat suits and cuddled up on the couch with our blanket, slippers, heating pads and prepared for conference, well that was mostly just me and Sammy ran around like he normally does. I just loved conference I watched almost every second of it, which I feel like I have not done in a long time. As I said, Alan was at work all day and he got home just in time to get ready for the priesthood session. So Sammy and I finally got out of the house and ran some errands while Alan was gone.
Sunday was even better then Saturday because we got to spend the whole day at home which, hasn't happen much lately with Alan working on Saturdays with his brother. We made a yummy breakfast with eggs, hash browns, sausage, and sweet rolls and once again enjoyed conference and all that it had to offer. We all took a little nap in between sessions and then after we made dinner and then headed down to Grandma Jacki's(Alan's mom) house. Which was a good idea because when we came walking in she was making some nummy chocolate chip cookies. Sammy was so cute he stepped up on the flower bucket she had out and helped her. I didn't take my camera but it was so cute, he kept trying to eat the dough off the cookie sheet after grandma would put it on, but lucky for Sammy she just laughed and laughed and then would give him some of his own dough to eat. He was in heaven. But my very favorite part about the fall weekend was the fall PJs Sammy finally got to wear.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Sammy is such a cutie! I love it when there are new posts on your blog. I love conference weekend, because everything is so much more relaxed and I enjoy not finding all the church clothes for my kids. Have you started putting out your Halloween stuff yet?

Brooke said...

Oh Emilie you are such a cute mom with such a darling little boy!