Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Number 3

Living away from home has made having baby number 3 a very different experience. With my other 2 babies my mom was a lot of help, however she never actually stayed with us. Lucky we had Lizzie on a weekend so my dad was able to be here to help with the boys while we were at the hospital, but also to see her. He however had to head home on Sunday leaving my mom here for the week. It was so nice having her here, she pretty much did everything, take care of the boys, laundry, cooking, cleaning, and even fit in enough time to love her newest grandchild. Then on Thursday Aunt Janie came up to pretty much hold Lizzie all day long. Alan and I even got to go to a movie on Saturday. Then to help out even more my mom took Sammy back to Utah for the week, allowing us to ease into 3 children.
So far Lizzie has been eating, sleeping and even pooping wonderfully. The boys have been loving the baby, but definitely reacting a little to the change, I think they will eventually adjust to our new schedule, but we will just have to be patient with them. And yes I have been loving all the pink and bows, but especially love not having to deal with a little wee-wee;)


This picture is not great, but I took a picture like this the day Clark came home from the hospital and I wanted one with all three so this is the best I could get.
This for some reason is the only picture I took with me in it at the hospital, we didn't even get a picture with the whole family:(
Thank you to grandma we couldn't have done it without you.
Proud Daddy
Sara Jane could literally hold a new baby 24 7

7 comments:

Devany said...

She is the most DARLING baby ever!!! She really looks like a Niederhauser too (Sorry Alan!). I was so sure she was going to be a red head, but there's always next time.:) I do love the dark hair though, and that you are doing it right, keeping it cute and all bow-ed up all the time. I can't wait to meet her!!!

Heidi said...

she is so adorable, I can not wait to hold her! I bet all the pink is so much fun! And you are so lucky you always have the best labors. I am glad everything went well and you both are healthy.

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

I agree with Devany that she looks like a Niederhauser! She is soooo adorable, seriously! I wish Milo had more chub on his face like she does bc it makes newborns so much cuter!
You look so gorgeous in the hospital photo! Love the bangs!
I'm glad everything went so well:)

i'm also glad to know that sara jane could hold a new baby 24/7... maybe ill give her a call and make her hold milo while i take a nap! haha!

Martha and Jesse said...

Congrats Em! She is beautiful. I'm glad you are both doing so well. I can't wait to see Lizzie!

Whitney Parry said...

Congrats on your new baby!!! She is beautiful!!!

Weed Family said...

oohh, she is so sweet! How wonderful that you had so much help. Can't wait to meet dear Lizzie :)

The Lang Family said...

Congratulations! She is so stinkin cute!!!