This last weekend was so great we were able to make it down to Salt Lake and fit as much into a weekend as possible starting with going up to Swiss days which is always a favorite of mine, then we spent the night at the cabin. We headed down Provo canyon the next day and picked up Heidi in Orem. She was so sweet to come up early to help get everything ready for the blessing on Sunday.
Now to the part I actually have pictures of. This is the first time we have done a blessing at home and not in church. Everything turned out great, we had it at my moms house and it was wonderful. We stayed up late Saturday night cleaning, and preparing food. We didn't have the blessing until late afternoon, when my mom got done teaching relief society. It worked out perfect not only did it give us all day to get ready, it made for a great dinner after the blessing. Thanks to everyone in both our families that helped out and came. My mom and I found this darling Feldman dress on Friday and it was just what I had hoped to have Lizzie wear, it even came with a little bonnet that she would only wear for a few minutes. Alan gave such a beautiful blessing, it was a bit of a different feeling with a daughter rather then a son.
I did not get a picture of just Lizzie so this one of me holding her shows her dress the best.
My camera did not take a good picture of the cake Devany made for it. It was so darling.
We finally got a picture of our whole family, yes Clark may be picking his nose and buddy is in the background, but at least we are all some what looking. I guess it is time to hire a professional.
We headed home on Tuesday, giving us a few days to spend with family. It was a great much needed trip. Lizzie did great with the driving. So we might just do it again soon.
Now to the part I actually have pictures of. This is the first time we have done a blessing at home and not in church. Everything turned out great, we had it at my moms house and it was wonderful. We stayed up late Saturday night cleaning, and preparing food. We didn't have the blessing until late afternoon, when my mom got done teaching relief society. It worked out perfect not only did it give us all day to get ready, it made for a great dinner after the blessing. Thanks to everyone in both our families that helped out and came. My mom and I found this darling Feldman dress on Friday and it was just what I had hoped to have Lizzie wear, it even came with a little bonnet that she would only wear for a few minutes. Alan gave such a beautiful blessing, it was a bit of a different feeling with a daughter rather then a son.

I did not get a picture of just Lizzie so this one of me holding her shows her dress the best.
My camera did not take a good picture of the cake Devany made for it. It was so darling.
We finally got a picture of our whole family, yes Clark may be picking his nose and buddy is in the background, but at least we are all some what looking. I guess it is time to hire a professional.We headed home on Tuesday, giving us a few days to spend with family. It was a great much needed trip. Lizzie did great with the driving. So we might just do it again soon.



1 comment:
You have never looked more beautiful, Emmie. And I loved seeing the picture of your family of five!
Sorry we missed the blessing and call me next time you are in town so we can get together!
xoxo
Maere
Post a Comment