Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Kindergarten graduation

Sam had a really great kindergarten year, he loved his teacher and his friends in his class. His teacher was diagnosed with cancer in the spring, so he had a number of subs, but Sam continued to do well with his reading and school work. Sam has said he is not that happy about having to eat lunch at school next year but he is stoked about 3 recesses. I am a bit sad to think that he will be gone all day everyday next year but, we have this long summer to get ready for it an I think by the end of it I probably won't be so sad. I feel like we are starting a whole new phase in our life and in some ways it is very exciting and in others it is hard for me to see time flying by. One memory from kindergarten in, that every Friday he would bring home a new library book and almost every single time it was a fact book about bugs or natural disasters or dinosaurs, but more often then not it was a book about snakes. We learned a lot about snakes this year. Some of his favorites were yellow bellied sea snakes and most of all Rattlesnakes. I think he brought home at least 5 books about rattlesnakes. So when he had to do a small report about an animal, guess what he chose? and lucky for us he already had a book checked out all about them. I feel lucky that my oldest seems to be a fairly good student because I know I have a lot of years of school projects ahead of me.

No comments: