Monday, July 27, 2009

Holiday Weekend

One of my favorite things about living in Utah is that not only do we get the 4th in July just a few week later we get the 24th of July holiday. Since the 4th was a complete washout by a sick child, We took full advantage of the 24th. Alan did have to work on Friday which was a bummer. Sammy and I went up on Thursday night to sleep over at my parents so we didn't have to get up so early for the parade. After I put Sammy to bed, My mom and I went and picked up my niece and nephew and went down town to say hi to Heidi who was so good to sleep downtown(I thinks she spent 24 hours down there what a trooper). Then after getting to bed about 2am we were back up ready to go to the big parade.


Sammy and Heidi watching the floats


Sammy not looking so happy, he enjoyed about half the parade and me

Heidi with all the kids (Thank you Heidi for sleeping down there so we didn't have to).

We had a BBQ that night at my moms house, it was really fun I almost didn't stay for it, but Alan just drove up after work and even though I was exhausted it turned out really fun. We were also able to set off the fireworks that we had originally bought for the 4th. Sammy loved them.

Sammy helping daddy with the fireworks

The best part about the holiday is that Sammy's cousin Riley has a b-day the very next day so the party always just continues. We took Sammy up to her water party the next day and he had so much fun.


Sammy playing in the sand box at the party

Devany even did a family dinner on Sunday for the B-day, I think Sammy wishes he could just join their family with four kids and a back yard, he was in heaven all weekend.

5 comments:

Lori Deschamps said...

You are such a cute little family - always doing fun things. It's good to hear you had a great 24th!

Heidi said...

Sounds like a blast! It sucks not being able to celebrate the 24th, it was always so much fun at the parade. but I am glad you posted pictures of it so I could see. I am glad you had a good time!

Martha and Jesse said...

Em!
I missed out, didn't I?? I was hanging out during my last moments for a while with Andy's kids up in Park City. Anyway,I'm not lying, I think I lost your number. Want to call me or tell me what it is. What are you doing for your birthday?

Brooke said...

Wow!! I can't believe how big everyone's kids are getting! I think it's time for a Lee family reunion, maybe next summer. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

The Halls said...

Were is Alan working now. Glad to hear he has something.