Monday, January 27, 2014

First day of first grade

Now that we are more then half way through the school year I thought it would be a good time to post some picture of Sam's first day of school. First grade is going well for Sam, he started out just reading really simple words to now he is very good at reading, he is now even reading his chapter books by himself (which has made life a little easier for me). Unfortunately he is like me and does not love reading:( I wonder a bit if it is just the books he is choosing because he always picks one that has a snake or dinosaur on it and while he is into snakes and dinosaurs the books are kind of weird stories. This year has been much more challenging for me because Sam's teacher is pretty intense, most nights he has at least an hour of home work and then he is suppose to read on top of that. She is also very picky about hand writing and no surprise Sam's is not great. I am really struggling with that because I feel like it is a pointless thing to spend time on in school. Sam loves recess and PE and he tells us that every night at dinner. Geez this kid is growing up way to fast.


No comments: